- Alden Rivers, B., Armellini, A. and Nie, M. (2015) Embedding social innovation and social impact across the disciplines: identifying "Changemaker" attributes.Higher Education Skills and Work-Based Learning. 5(3), pp. 242-257. 2042-3896.
- Padilla Rodriguez, B. C. and Armellini, A. (2015) Expanding the interaction equivalency theorem. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning. 16(3), pp. 298-317. 1492-3831.
- Alden Rivers, B., Armellini, A., Maxwell, R., Allen, S. and Durkin, C. (2015) Social innovation education: towards a framework for learning design. Higher Education, Skills and Work-based Learning. 5(4), pp. 383-400. 2042-3896.
- Armellini, A. and De Stefani, M. (2015) Social presence in the 21st Century: an adjustment to the Community of Inquiry framework.British Journal Of Educational Technology. 1467-8535. (In Press)
- Alden Rivers, B., Nie, M. and Armellini, A. (2015) University teachers’ conceptions of ‘Changemaker’: a starting point for embedding social innovation in learning and teaching.Education + Training. 57(5), pp. 588-600. 0040-0912.
- Padilla Rodriguez, B. C. and Armellini, A. (2014) Applying the interaction equivalency theorem to online courses in a large organization.Journal of Interactive Online Learning. 13(2), pp. 51-66. 1541-4914.
- Armellini, A., Howe, R. and Coulson, K. V. (2014) Effective online collaboration and academic skills within a transferable quality framework in Higher Education.Workshop presented to: Online Educa - 20th International Conference on Technology Supported Learning and Training, Berlin, Germany, 03-05 December 2014.
- Alden Rivers, B., Armellini, A., Howe, R., Simmons, M., Hendrix, M., Maxwell, R.and Harris, J. (2014) GAMEchanger: a game jam for social innovation education. In: Alden Rivers, B. and Smith, J. (eds.) Changemaker in the Curriculum: The University of Northampton: Case Studies 2013-2014. Northampton: The University of Northampton. pp. 33-34.
- Coulson, K. V., Armellini, A. and Farmer, R. (2014) MOOC and SPOC: a tale of two courses. Workshop presented to: altc2014 Riding Giants: How to Innovate and Educate Ahead of the Wave: The 21st Annual Conference of the Association for Learning Technology, Warwick University, 01-03 September 2014.
- Alden Rivers, B., Nie, M. and Armellini, A. (2014) University teachers’ conceptions of “Changemaker”: a starting point for embedding social innovation in learning and teaching.Paper presented to: 6th International Social Innovation Research Conference 2014, The University of Northampton, 01-03 September 2014.
- Padilla Rodriguez, B. C., Armellini, A. and Hawkridge, D. (2013) In-company online training: strategic and operational lessons. Progressio: South African Journal for Open and Distance Learning Practice. 35(2), pp. 193-208. 0256-8853.
- Padilla Rodriguez, B. C. and Armellini, A. (2013) Interaction and effectiveness of corporate e-learning programmes. Human Resource Development International. 16(4), pp. 480-489. 1367-8868.
- Armellini, A. and Nie, M. (2013) Open educational practices for curriculum enhancement. Open Learning.28(1), pp. 7-20. 0268-0513.
- Armellini, A. and Nie, M. (2013) Open educational practices for curriculum enhancement. Research into Higher Education Abstracts. 47(1), p. 20. 0034-5326.
- Padilla Rodriguez, B. C. and Armellini, A. (2013) Student engagement with a content-based learning design. Research in Learning Technology. 21, pp. 127-136. 2156-7069.
Click on the images below to read the full report.
Changemaker in the Curriculum
Case Studies 2013-2014
We value the range of ways we understand what being a Changemaker Campus means. Some of these conceptions have been captured in Case Study 1 and are reflected through the examples in this year’s publication. Importantly, we have included examples of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities, as we recognise how these provide powerful learning opportunities, too.
Curriculum Enhancement for Employability and Social Impact
The University of Northampton is recognised as a leader in social innovation education, and this is reflected in its designation as the UK’s first AshokaU ‘Changemaker Campus’.It is relevant to consider how employability and Changemaker principles are embedded into the University’ teaching and learning activities. In March 2014, the University’s Institute of Learning and Teaching launched a project called Embedding Changemaker into the Curriculum (EmbedCM).
Personal Academic Tutoring
Personal Academic Tutoring is integral to the University of Northampton’s holistic approach to supporting student success. Personal Academic Tutors, or ‘PATs’, provide an extra layer of academic and pastoral support, beyond what is offered by the module tutor and programme leader, to an assigned number of students. We hope the contents of the booklet are meaningful to your own practice and,ultimately, in supporting our students to achieve their personal, academic and professional goals.
Outside the Box Assessment and Feedback Practices 2015
The University’s approach to quality enhancement of learning and teaching recognises the importance of sharing good practice. Through mechanisms, such as Outside the Box Assessment and Feedback Practices, we are able to identify excellent ideas in ‘niche’ areas and transfer them into ‘mainstream’ use.