Academic Staff Induction Programme
WHAT STAFF NEED(S) WILL THE WORKSHOP MEET?
- I’m new to Northampton and I need to understand how programmes and modules are designed at the University of Northampton
- I need to know who to ask for help with programme design
THROUGH THIS YOU WILL …
- Work with others to develop an appreciation of the building blocks of programme design, how they interact and who else in the University might be involved
- Contribute to a discussion about approaches to programme design at Northampton
- Find out what structures you need to work within and what help is available
THIS WORKSHOP WILL DEVELOP SPECIFIC SKILLS ALIGNED WITH THE UKPSF:
MAIN AREA OF ACTIVITY: A1 - This session will prepare staff for designing and planning programmes of study in line with the University’s modular framework and direction of travel (A1)
KEY CORE KNOWLEDGE: K6 - This session will enable staff to enhance the quality of taught programmes and to prepare for Northampton QA processes related to programme design. (K6)
PROFESSIONAL VALUES: V1 - The session will ask staff to identify all the stakeholders in the programme design process, and consider their needs when designing programmes within the University of Northampton. (V1)
SUPPORTING HEA FELLOWSHIP: D1, D2, D3 depending on staff role in the provision
WORKSHOP PROVIDED BY
Dr Rachel Maxwell and Julie Usher
MODE OF DELIVERY AND LENGTH
One hour Face to Face, with preparatory work. Offered as part of the Academic Staff Induction Programme in a three hour session.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS WORKSHOP?
All teaching staff new to the University
WHEN DOES THE WORKSHOP TAKE PLACE?
Every other month, see the Staff Development site on NILE for dates.
To book a place on this workshop, please contact HR (email@example.com)