CHANGE as a window on Employability Skills & Academic Level (CESAL)
WHAT STAFF NEED(S) WILL THE WORKSHOP MEET?
- We want to involve our students in activities to improve employability in the professional area. What types of support should we give at different academic levels?
- How can we differentiate appropriately in our expectations of students at different levels of their academic programme?
THROUGH THIS YOU WILL …
Within this workshop you will have the opportunity to:
- consider a number of employability skills required within professional activities related to your subject area.
- engage in discussion with other colleagues to explore how student progression towards such skills can be supported through the different levels of their academic programme.
- help to develop guidance that can be given to students to help them both to understand how expectations change as they move through their academic programme & to articulate the skills which they themselves develop.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL DEVELOP SPECIFIC SKILLS ALIGNED WITH THE UKPSF:
MAIN AREA OF ACTIVITY: A1 - A key element of planning courses and learning activities involves matching expectations appropriately to the stage students are at within their academic programme. This workshop will help develop and extend your understanding in this area.
KEY CORE KNOWLEDGE: K1, K6 - This workshop will enhance your understanding of the relationship between employability skills & academic level , particularly in relation to your own subject or professional area .
PROFESSIONAL VALUES: V2, V4 - This workshop will help you relate employment-related skills to the demands expected at different levels of the academic infrastructure. (V4) This will help you support student progression towards the skills required within workplace activities. (V2)
SUPPORTING HEA FELLOWSHIP: D2, D3
WORKSHOP PROVIDED BY
Rachel Maxwell, Shirley Bennett
MODE OF DELIVERY AND LENGTH
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS WORKSHOP?
Staff in both academic and student support or co-curricular roles